-
July 15th, 2002, 07:27 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I got a shop to sponsor me and he has a dyno which is good. I need to order pistons for my b18c1. 11.0:1 with Hondata or AEM sound good or should I stick to stock compression? It will be well tuned either way. Usefull input will be appreciated. Thanks
-
July 15th, 2002, 07:34 PM
#2
Inactive Member
JR Civic gave me the go ahead so I guess thats a good sign. [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
July 15th, 2002, 11:25 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Im very interested in the results. Please post them once you are through. With a good fuel curve, I bet you'll see good gains.
-
July 16th, 2002, 01:51 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I hope so too. I will post when complete.
-
July 17th, 2002, 04:09 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Im at 10:1 compression now. Did you have engine management at the time?
-
July 17th, 2002, 04:16 AM
#6
Inactive Member
My current setup yields 10:4 CR with 9 psi... BUT I have one hell of a tuner in JRCivic [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
It's ALL in the tuning.
-
July 17th, 2002, 04:26 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Boosted, what would your 1/4 mile times equate to?
-
July 17th, 2002, 05:06 AM
#8
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BoostedEX:
It's ALL in the tuning.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
and the gasoline you run. If you can only get 91-92 octane, I don't recommend that setup.
-
July 17th, 2002, 12:25 PM
#9
Inactive Member
RacingHartless: My times roughly equal a low 14 sec 1/4 mile: 14.0-14.1.
Marc: You're absolutely right! I forgot to add that I use 93 Octane ALL the time hehehe.......
-
July 17th, 2002, 12:47 PM
#10
Inactive Member
We was tuning with a Haltech e6k ECU.
IMO not worth the 10whp going from 10:1 to 11:1. All the work and hassels you have. Also the 10:1 engine run more healthy with 8psi than with 11:1.
I think my engine was weak already, cause I drove the hell out of it within 1 year boosting 5.5psi. 2 hour runs in 5th gear boosting all the time and doin 130 - 150 mph on the German Autobahn and stuff like this.
My old charger is running on a B18C1 engine boosting 5.5 psi and making 182whp. Only with cartech FMU and 310cc injectors, all STOCK! No bad numbers IMO, only on 5.5psi.
Yup, JRcivic can teach some other guys a tuning lesson.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 17, 2002 09:49 AM: Message edited by: austrian type-R ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks